Create a Mixed Media Painting of a Fox and Butterfly at Sunrise
I have always adored foxes and have painted many of them over the years. Recently I started seeing stories about foxes everywhere, photos of them and I even opened a random book and the word fox jumped off the page. (The book was Thoreau’s Walden.)
When I see an animal or other symbol appear multiple times over a few days, I know it’s time to pay attention!
“Symbolism and meaning of the fox include intelligence, independence, playfulness and mischief, beauty, protection, and good fortune. Foxes may be found on every continent except Antarctica, making them a part of many cultures’ mythology and folklore.”
If you love foxes and mixed media art, join me for this recorded online class and let’s create a mixed media fox together.
Learn how to
- Create an abstract background rich with depth and meaning
- Transfer your animal image to the page
- Add marks and patterns to make the fox painting unique to you
- Learn to paint fur with simple brush strokes and layering of colors
- Work with a limited palette